I just think the Giles game would be more of a rivalry. Richlands usually has a tough squad but as far as the game goes PV and Richlands just wouldn't be the same intensity as PV/Giles imo. Especially if the game was in Giles.
Printable View
I just think the Giles game would be more of a rivalry. Richlands usually has a tough squad but as far as the game goes PV and Richlands just wouldn't be the same intensity as PV/Giles imo. Especially if the game was in Giles.
The reason for the PV-Giles rivalry is because that game always sends one or the other home EVERY time they meet. To play them in the regular season would rob the game of the mystique that goes along with its implications...and IMO hurt the rivalry more than it would help it.
I don't think the PV/GC rivarly has been hurt by now playing possibly two games in a season. We only play Giles around once every 3-4 years as it is now anyway.
The thing is this...Giles isn't really a rivalry except every 4 years. You gotta play GC to get out of the region. I like to watch PV and Giles...but I like it as is.